Tuesday, September 13, 2016

"Our Delicious Adventure" - All the action of the Sydney Launch Party


Last Saturday or was it the one before? Time is racing by....I saw Christmas Puddings in the shops yesterday and wondered where has this year got too!
I digress...back to the topic Jane, it was on Saturday 3rd of September, in the words of my special guest and food-writer Barbara Sweeney - "family, friends and fans gathered to celebrate with me - the arrival of my new book - Our Delicious Adventure - Recipes and Stories of Food and Travel."

It was a delightful afternoon and with the help of my family and some very precious friends it all came together beautifully. Many of you were there to share in the moment, others were unable to make it due to just as important occasions elsewhere or travel miles that simply made it geographically impossible for you to attend. However whether you joined me in person or were enthusiastically cheering me on from afar - I thank you for your love and support.

An original 1830's one room, weather board school house, with a sprawling lawn dotted with grand old trees, natives shrubs and blossom trees in flower, and sunshine instead of rain made the setting sing. Gorgeous tunes from songwriter and music maker Ruby May, Sweet Pea Organic Moscato from Spring Seed Wine Co. and Flour and Stone Panna Cotta Lamingtons were all devoured, resulting in much praise. It was such a winfall to have such willing, clever, passonate and creative friends contribute to the afternoon. For the gluten-free peeps in the crowd my Double Chocolate and Quinoa Muffins filled the void. Pork and Fennel Sausage Rolls, Potato, Leek and Gruyere Frittata and mum's (now even more famous) Chicken Sandwiches with celery and almond went down a treat.

The formalities were jovial, Mr G said a few kind words and then introduced Barbara and I to converse about the journey of creating and publishing this second book of mine. Barbara has a gift for drawing out the story behind the product that people see. She easily makes her obvious intelligence so palatable for those listening, I did my best to answer the questions and seem just as articulate! A hearty toast to another book completed and a moment of thanks, to the wonderful team who helped make it happen and we were done.

A book signing followed and an opportunity to unveil my new range of linen aprons and tea towels based on the 'almost edible' illustrations by local artist Nicky Hodgson, that appear in the pages of both my books. My daughter Molly Grover designed the pattern, and the fabric was printed and apparel made in Melbourne. They are available for sale online at janegrover.net or from my stall at The Beaches Market every Friday.

There are lots more events planned over the coming months, as I travel far and wide to launch and promote Our Delicious Adventure - visits to Brisbane, Northern Rivers of NSW, Yamba and East Gippsland, Victoria are all planned and you'll find all the details here soon. In the meantime I'll be doing a book signing with The Lost and Found Department at The Final Flea sale this Saturday 17th September at 81 Dickson Road, Artarmon, NSW from 10am - 4pm and I'll be at The Beaches Market with my stall of cookbooks, linen aprons, tea towels and home-made preserves every Friday 8am - 1pm.

Gratitude to Tyler Antcliff Photography for capturing the record of the day with such beautiful images - he comes highly recommended! x j




























































4 comments:

Michelle said...

Wow Jane! You really do the most beautiful launches. What an absolutely gorgeous afternoon. I really wish I could have been there.

Maybe we need to throw you a Tasmanian launch!

xx

Jane Grover said...

Thanks Michelle - I added you to the email mail out as I thought you'd enjoy the window into the action - as I know you would have loved to be there xx

A Tassie launch - that would be wonderful....possibly Leo would deem that a more worthy reason to come to Tassie than just baking an apple tart xx

Happy to collaborate.....but more importantly did you buy the house????? x j

Michelle said...

No joy on the house - some cashed up mainlander swooped in with a better offer...but looking at some lovely farmland instead with a view to building.

But yes, we should definitely work on a Tassie launch. xx

Kina di bogor said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.